What can I expect to pay?
Most patients over age 19 and under age 65 are not covered by OHIP for routine eye examinations, partial examinations and visual fields.
See below for what is covered by OHIP.
|Comprehensive Eye Examination with Retinal Imaging||$255|
|Comprehensive Eye Examination with Contact Lens assessment||$215|
|Comprehensive Eye Examination||$165|
|Eye Examination (Child – if not OHIP covered)||$125|
|Retinal Imaging (OCT)||$90|
|Automated Visual Field Testing||$70|
|Contact Lens Exam||$50|
|New Contact Lens Fitting and Teaching||$75-$150|
What is Covered by OHIP?
OHIP pays for one full eye examination annually, medically necessary partial examinations and visual fields for:
- Patients 19 years of age and younger
- Patients 65 years of age and older
- Diabetics of any age
- Patients with glaucoma of any age
- Patients with progressive retinal disease affecting vision of any age
- Patients who have one eye or a blind eye of any age
- Post op cataract care of any age
- Patients with progressive corneal disease affecting vision
- Other sight threatening conditions
- Sight threatening emergencies such as corneal abrasions and ulcers
OHIP does not pay for retinal imaging (OCT) regardless of age or condition.